*ITEM: JEWELRY BOX Japan Black Lacquer Inlaid Music Vintage
*MANUFACTURER: Unknown - A circled "S" and made in Japan are ink stamped on the bottom
*YEAR: Unknown. Lots of these were produced in the 1950's and 1960's. Some were imported in the 1930's but I don't think this is one of the 1930's boxes since it has cheap hinges
*MEASURES: Approx. 7" L, 5"W, 4" T
*CONDITION: Large strips of the black lacquer is chipped off the lid sides. One of the missing lacquer strips can be seen in the picture along the top rim of the lid. This is the dull looking strip. Some missing lacquer chip spots here and there on the box but nothing like the lid sides. One big ding spot is on the side that shows the wood without the black stain. There are a couple of other ding spots here and there. The finish is kinda worn and soiled due to use and age. One of the bottom corners (right side bottom) where the picture wraps around is missing a piece of the picture. The black stain remains. One of the pictures on the sides has a big noticeable ding in it. Other than that the pictures are still intact. The pop up tray inside does not pop up properly and has to be pulled into alignment when opening the lid. One of the pop up tray lids has a bad hinge and doesn't close properly. Some scratches and dings inside but not extreme. Mirror in the inside lid is intact and the paint looks good. Material liner looks good with only some soil. Music box winds up and works. Plays a soft slow melody. There's no key to the lock and I don't know if the lock even works. The "Shark Tooth" patterns on the jewerly box are not missing paint or lacquer. These "Shark Tooth" designs are painted on or appear to be painted on.
*FEATURES: Vintage Japanese cheap mass produced jewerly box. The top of the box lid is inlaid with what appears to be abalone shells or something like that, that produces shiny decorative colors. I don't know exactly what material is inlaid.
*This box needs to be with someone who can repair the chipped off lacquer, work on the pop up tray inside or have these things repaired.
*Additional pictures will be sent upon request.
*Box has lots of dings, knicks, scratches, marks and wear.
*Buyer is responsible for any maintenance or repairs needed.
*This item will be sold "as-is" in used condition. No warranties or guarantees come with the purchase.
*Buyer is responsible for making sure all is correct with the item and the item will suit the buyers needs and expectations before purchase. Buyer is responsible for making sure purchase of this item is not a mistake.
*Items sold are inspected and photographed at different angles before being boxed up and shipped to the buyer. Any attempts to return broken items in exchange for what's been shipped to the buyer, make the purchase and exchange parts that are needed then send unit back for a refund, extort partial refunds or get a refund due to a mistake made by the buyer in the purchase of the item will be reported immediately.
The shipping weight will be 2 1/2 lbs. A handling fee is charged to cover the time and any expenses associated with the packing and shipping of packages. Anything left is put towards the selling fee's.
SORRY, NO LOCAL PICKUPS
A JUNKEE SHOPPE
- Brand A circled "S" and made in Japan are ink
- Size Other
- Color Black
- Age group Adult
- Gender Unisex
Junk Stuff Accepts Paypal and Money Orders With No Shipping Wait. We Also Accept Personal Checks With A Personal Check 10 Day Shipping Wait.
Our Sold Products Usually Ship On The Next Tuesday Or Friday After Payment Has Been Received And Cleared.
* All Items Will Be Sold "As-Is" In Used Condition With No Warranties Or Guarantees. All Abnormalities & Defects Are Entered Into The Item Description. If The Item Is Broken Or Banged Up We Will State That It Is. We will also state if the item has not been tested and may be defective.
* We are happy to accept returns and pay for the shipping if the problem with the merchandise shipped was due to our gross negligence in describing the item and not making the customer aware of any problems or potential problems. This never happens though. All of our items are inspected at least 3 times before being put up for sale and once before being boxed up for shipment.
* There are never any warranties or guarantees on used items we sell because of course they are used items with no promises. All electrical items are tested before being put up for sale but as we all know electrical items can stop working at any time. Mechanical items are tested to the best of our abilities but can stop working also if parts are worn. Some parts on mechanical items are looked at, some are not looked at. We will not guarantee how long a mechanical device will stay working only that it worked when it left our possession.
* We will not be held accountable for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the mail system. All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance when required. So far I can say over the many years of shipping packages all packages have reached there destination.
All Items Are Sold, "AS-IS" With No Warranties Or Guarantees.